- Guest • 21 & Over Ages 21+ • Alcohol Tasting Included
- Guest • Non-Drinker Guests under 21 or Adults who will not be drinking
Santa Barbara Walking Food & Drink Tour
Please note when restaurant seating is closed or it rains, tours will continue BUT will pivot and transform into the awesome to-go-style tours (unless otherwise specified)
- Have a great time exploring Santa Barbara!
- Enjoy food and/or drinks from 6-7 local tastings and visit 5 locations (this includes 1 local wineries. We will visit the winery whether you buy a drinking or non-drinking ticket)
- Enjoy some local food
- Wine (MMMMmm wine!)
- Support local businesses
- Fun and informative guides
- All ages welcome!
- Interested in a private tour, alternative start time, or is your preferred tour full? Email [email protected]
- Rain, shine or wind
- Please try to arrive 15 minutes before your tour start time (most tours start at noon)
- Tour capacity varies (minimum of 2 guests & up to 8 – if you have more, please contact Evan about a private tour experience)
- Restrooms available
- Water is available at most tasting locations, please feel free to bring a water bottle
- Suitable for most fitness levels; there is a good amount of walking, but it is fairly easy
- Tours run about 3.5ish hours
- Tours available almost every day – don’t see a date or time you want? Shoot us an email or give us a call!
What to Expect
At Taste SBFT all of our guides love Santa Barbara, food and people and our very proud of our little tour. We are excited to guide you through part of our little town, introducing you to some of our favorite daytime places.
Our tours are designed for guests to have fun, learn about Santa Barbara, get some walking in and taste local Santa Barbara deliciousness. We want guests to be full, but not overly full. There is so much great food in Santa Barbara and we also want you to be hungry for dinner.
- Tours begin at noon sharp (unless otherwise stated).
- Please arrive a few minutes early (if you really want to impress, show up 15 minutes early). If you are late, you may miss a tasting, so it’s important you are early or on time.
- Tours run about 3.5 hours (dependent on the size of your group).
- Enjoy food from six local Santa Barbara spots, while visiting 5 tasting locations, including 1 winery (winery includes a grazing box that we bring in special for our tour guests. We visit the winery, whether you drink alcohol or not).
- Your guide will greet you and will be wearing a purple mask and Taste SBFT nametag or T-shirt.
- Tours are all walking tours, please wear comfortable clothes, shoes, etc. (We walk about 3 or 4 easy miles, but it is all walking).
- We do serve water at most locations BUT we always encourage guests to bring a bottle of water (water is available for purchase at a couple of the tasting locations).
- Tours begin and end close to each other, but not at the same location.
- As mentioned before, at the end of the tour, expect to feel good; some are really full, others are perfect. We do not want our guests to be too full because being too full isn’t fun and we want you to enjoy a wonderful dinner because we have some great dinner spots!
- Should you have a light breakfast? Yes, if you’re up early or have a tape-worm, please, we don’t want anyone showing up with low blood sugar.
- All our guides love Santa Barbara and our tasting partners and are excited and honored that you chose us to show you around SB.
We work with a variety of awesome local tasting partners and enjoy deliciousness from 6 tasting locations on our tours. We don’t visit all of the partners listed below (and in no particular order).
Renaud’s Pastisserie & Bistro
French Patisserie & Bistro.
Empty Bowl Gourmet Noodle Bar
Authentic regional noodle bowls, specialty small plates, and handmade dumplings inspired by the cuisines of Thailand and Taiwan.
Homemade Mexican Food made with quality ingredients & prepared multiple times a day to ensure freshness. Family-owned and operated since 1999.
Rotating local wineries located in El Paseo
We have a lot of great wine in SB and work with handpicked local wine partners. One wine tasting room per tour.
Grassini Family Vineyards
Family-owned and operated boutique winery which specializes in the handcrafted production of wines made exclusively from Bordeaux varietals, using renewable and sustainable resources.
Cebada Vineyard is part of Forbidden Fruit Orchards, an award-winning boutique farm and winery.
Jessica Foster Confections
Handmade gourmet chocolate truffles and other sweet treats offered occasionally.
Slate specializes in grazing tables, cheese & charcuterie platters, edible centerpieces, picnics, workshops, & more. They proudly source locally from Santa Barbara’s bounty of gracious farmers, as well as incorporate local breads, pickles, jams, and so on.
McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams
They are out to produce the finest ice creams in the world, in the most responsible and sustainable way possible. In the process, they hope to enrich and enliven the communities in which they live and work, and leave the world just a little bit “sweeter” than it was found. Made from the finest ingredients. No stabilizers, preservatives or fillers. Local ingredients and it’s made from Scratch.
Please note that tastings and tasting locations are subject to change.
Where To Meet
Tours meet at DOWNTOWN Santa Barbara. Meeting locations vary. Your confirmation email will include the exact meeting address and parking information, once you’ve booked your tour.